Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Things They Carried


How could I missed reading "The Things They Carried," one thin volume of the several books assigned as summer reading for 10th graders in english class of the Long Beach unified school district, for three times. Three of my kids have read it. And my last tenth grader has just replaced it on the shelves.
Now, it's my turn.
Written by Tim O'Brien, the book has earned a lot of acclaims, good and positive reviews from newspapers and magazines of general circulation.
"Consummate artistry.... A strongly unified book, a series of glimpses, through different facets, a single mysterious, deadly stone .... O'Brien blends diverse incidents, voices, and genres, indelibly rendering the nightmarish impact of the Vietnam experience," said Andy Solomon of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
So now will I seek a quiet nook to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scoopwords as you may, then leave a comment so I may follow your wordscooping, too. Let's all have good days for the rest of the week. BTW, have noted that I won't be able to return visits due some have not made available/ shared their profile yet. Have you?